Expectations For Our Clients
We want everyone who visits our practice to have a comfortable experience. Taking your pet to the vet can be stressful, emotional, and sometimes costly. We have put forth the expectations listed below to ensure a smooth visit, and satisfaction for everyone: client, pet and doctor.
- Only one adult is allowed back to an exam room at a time. No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the exam room. If you feel you need assistance while in an exam room, please give our front desk a call before your appointment so we can make proper accommodations.
- For new clients, a deposit is required.
- Cancellation will result in the deposit being forfeited..
- Work-In appointments: We offer timed slots for more emergent cases for existing clients only. These appointments are scheduled along with our regular appointment times, because we know unexpected problems occur with our furry companions. In addition to our office charge, a work-in fee will apply to these visits, due to the nature of the cases coming in, and the time our doctors and staff need to spend with your pet. There also might be a bit of a wait before you are able to see our doctor. Please be patient with us as we try to take care of all of our patients. Due to the limited number of available exam rooms, work-in clients must stay in the lobby while their pet is being examined. Your doctor will meet you in the lobby after the initial physical exam, go over options with you, and follow the treatment plan you and the doctor have agreed upon.
- We have no public restroom. We understand it is inconvenient, but due to the nature and age of our building, we simply do not have a bathroom suitable for public use. There are several nearby business and gas stations with public restrooms. Please plan accordingly.
- Please bring all pets in a carrier or on a leash. This includes all dogs, cats, pocket pets, and other exotic animals. Rock Road Animal Hospital is a very busy place, located on a very busy street. Keeping pets well under control will minimize any risk of incident or getting loose while in the hospital. We have leashes that can be borrowed and small cardboard carriers available for purchase if needed.
- Payment is expected upon services rendered. Any of our nursing staff or the doctors can make you an estimate of potential costs for your visit, so there are no surprises when it comes time to check out. We also accept Care Credit and Scratch Pay as methods of payment.
- Medication refills: Please call ahead if you are in need of a refill of your pet’s medication. If you come into the hospital to request a refill, there might be a significant wait, or we might not be able to fill at the time due to doctor availability.
- In addition to our policies listed above, please note that any abusive or threatening language or behavior towards our staff or animals will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the facility, and our professional relationship will be terminated. Our staff works hard to ensure the health and wellness of pets across the St. Louis area, and deserve to work in a safe and welcoming environment.